The Pennsylvania Department of Health (PADOH) released a health advisory on Wednesday, November 8, 2023. Below is a summary.
- Creativity Street Children’s Assorted Craft Buttons are being recalled for containing levels of lead that exceed the federal lead content ban.
- This recall is for Lot Code 02129171221.
- The buttons were sold at Blick Art Materials and Staples stores nationwide and online at www.dickblick.com, www.staples.com, www.quill.com, www.schoolspecialty.com, www.sprichards.com, and www.aquaphoenixsci.com from May 2022 through July 2023 for about $13.
- Consumers should stop using the recalled buttons immediately and contact Dixon Ticonderoga to receive a pre-paid label to return the recalled buttons.
- Contact Dixon Ticonderoga at 1-800-333-2545 from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST Monday through Friday or email at [email protected] for a refund.
- Consider testing children for lead exposure from these and other sources.
- Please visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website and Dixon Ticonderoga to view the lead recall and share it with your networks.
- For more information on childhood lead exposure in Pennsylvania, visit Lead (pa.gov), or contact DOH at 1-877-PA-HEALTH if you have any questions.