The Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH) released updated guidance based on guidance released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on February 3, 2020, for assessing and managing patients and travelers with potential 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) exposure.
- CDC and DOH recommend isolation and quarantine of persons with epidemiologic risk factors;
- DOH is applying these recommendations prospectively AND retrospectively for any person who traveled to mainland China or Hubei Province for the preceding 14 days;
- This risk stratification does not apply to healthcare workers;
- Call DOH at 1-877-PA-HEALTH or your local health department to help assess and manage your patients and travelers; and
- DOH will be calling persons in self-isolation or home quarantine daily to assess needs and well-being. This may change.
Originally released by the Pennsylvania Department of Health on February 4, 2020.