On March 9, the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH) released directions based on guidance released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for risk assessment and management of healthcare personnel with potential exposure to patients with COVID-19.
- This guidance has been updated based on the development of community transmission in multiple areas of the United States.
- As of March 9, 2020, there is no community transmission of COVID-19 detected in Pennsylvania. We continue to recommend a discrete containment response.
- Simplified guidance has been issued by CDC to inform risk assessment, monitoring and work restriction
- DOH provides additional guidance in the event of sustained community transmission
- To address resource prioritization, contact tracing, risk assessment and work restriction may be limited
- Exposed HCP that are asymptomatic may continue to work
- Healthcare facilities must report any at-risk HCP who develops symptoms to DOH at 877-PA-HEALTH or your local health department.