Announcing New Grant Opportunity to Improve Health Care
The Pennsylvania Medical Society (PAMED) is thrilled to team up with its Care Centered Collaborative and Highmark to make nearly $4 million in PAMED Community Care Grants available to physicians (who work in the community and are not affiliated with a health care system or hospital) to support services and projects designed to improve health care and make health care more accessible.
Who is eligible to apply?
• Physicians who are 2021 PAMED members and are not affiliated with a health system or hospital, as well PAMED member physicians working in a Federally Qualified Health Center, are eligible to apply.
What can grant funds be used for?
Grant funds can be used for activities and services in the following areas:
• Health care services for people who are uninsured and unable to pay for services.
• Programs for the prevention and treatment of disease or injury, including, but not limited to, mental health or the promotion of health or wellness.
• Other services or programs, including but not limited to, health or mental health services for veterans and the prevention of other conditions, behaviors, or activities that are adverse to good health.
What is the amount of the grant?
• Primary care applicants are eligible to receive $15,000.
• Non-primary care applicants are eligible to receive $10,000.
• Multiple physicians from the same practice can apply; each practice may receive up to $75,000 depending on the number of physicians applying.
The grant is not competitive; funding will be awarded on a first come, first served basis to those applications that meet the required criteria.
Deadline: June 1, 2021
Originally released by the Pennsylvania Medical Society on February 22, 2021.