CMS is holding its next COVID-19 Lessons from the Front Lines call on Friday, May 22nd, from 12:30 – 2:00 PM Eastern.
Lessons from the Front Lines calls are a joint effort between CMS Administrator Seema Verma, FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn, MD, and the White House Coronavirus Task Force. Physicians and other clinicians are invited to share their experience, ideas, strategies, and insights with one another related to their COVID-19 response. There is an opportunity to ask questions of presenters.
This week’s Lessons from the Front Lines will highlight a discussion on COVID-19 therapeutics with FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn, MD and providers in the field, including:
- Magdalena Sobieszczyk, MD, MPH, Chief of Infectious Disease, New York Presbyterian/Columbia University
- J. Njeri Wainaina, MD, FACP, Associate Professor of Medicine and Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin
CMS will also have a robust discussion on emerging best practices in communicating and caring for patients with serious illness in the face of COVID-19 and beyond, featuring:
- Shoshana Ungerleider, MD, Founder End Well Foundation; How COVID-19 presents new avenues for care
- Michael Fratkin, MD, CEO ResolutionCare Network; Telemedicine in Palliative Care
- Adam Hayden, Patient Advocate; Living with life-threatening/limiting illness in the face of COVID-19
- Sonali Wilborn, MD; CMO Heart of Hospice; Creating a space for hospice within acute care settings
- Sunita Puri, MD; Addressing physician grief in the COVID-19 era
- And Others
Friday, May 22nd at 12:30 – 2:00 PM Eastern
Toll Free Attendee Dial-In: 877-251-0301; Access Code: 6086125
Web Link: https://protect2.fireeye.com/url?k=dc0513a8-80501abb-dc052297-0cc47adb5650-ed2a1d81a317dec2&u=https://protect2.fireeye.com/url?k=dd1535f7-81412c8b-dd1504c8-0cc47adc5fa2-7c66b3f431ce34d4&u=https://protect2.fireeye.com/url?k=549289e3-08c6909f-5492b8dc-0cc47adc5fa2-64ce810eb68fcff4&u=https://protect2.fireeye.com/url?k=b92189e9-e57480fa-b921b8d6-0cc47adb5650-efec10ba75e45c4c&u=https://engage.vevent.com/rt/cms2/index.jsp?seid=2051