The Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH) has released guidance for healthcare professionals with potential exposure to patients with 2019 novel coronavirus and for health departments to implement after-travel health precautions.
- CDC and DOH have updated criteria for PUI for COVID-19
- As of 3/5/2020, COVID-19 cases caused by the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) have NOT been detected within Pennsylvania
- Health care providers should contact DOH at 1-877-PA-HEALTH (1-877-724-3258) or local health department about possible cases of COVID-19
- With the increased availability of diagnostic testing for COVID-19 at the state level, clinical providers and health departments should discuss testing for patients with compatible symptoms and exposure criteria, and taking into account the epidemiology of COVID-19 in Pennsylvania
- Clinical specimens for routine respiratory testing should be collected from approved Patients under Investigation (PUIs). Contact DOH to receive testing approval.
- Travelers from China or Iran will be contacted by your health department
- Travelers from Italy and South Korea should call 1-877-PA-HEALTH (1-877-724-3258) to inform the health department about your travel
For the full guidance, please click here.
Originally released by the Pennsylvania Department of Health on March 5, 2020.